A signed separation agreement can be changed in the future, especially if both parties consent to the change. It would then require the signature of both parties involved in an amending agreement.

If the parties do not agree to the proposed change, one party can go to Court and ask the Court to vary the terms of the separation agreement if there was a material change in circumstances since the agreement was signed.